SOLVED

Re: Report showing all web activity for a group of leads

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Report showing all web activity for a group of leads

Looking at the reports i see it is possible to generate a list of leads who have visited multiple pages (for example, our homepage, product page, multiple blogs etc...) and if the lead has visited at least one of those they appear on the list.

I also see I can go into that lead and click in Activity log to see a list of what they have visited.

What would be really really valuable however, is to see this information in aggregate so I can answer questions like. If a person visits my webpage and reads two blogs, how likely are they to sign-up for our product?  This data would inform lead scoring.

Is there a way to get an excel dump of leads who fit a given criteria, that includes their entire activity log?  Then I can slice and dice in excel and extract the value from the data.

Thanks in advance for anyone who can help. 

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You can do some of this with Opp Analyzer if you have RCA. Depending on your Interesting Moment setup, you could easily track those triggers and then look at what led up to an Opp.

This is not quite what you are thinking of, but it's closer.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unless I am missing something:

You can go to the web page activity report and use the Smart List functionality to filter down to only the leads you are looking for. Then use the export functionality to slice and dice. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

The issue is that the excel dump will give me their name and their entry page, but it doesn't download their activity history, which is what I'm really interested in.

What I'm looking for is a dump of leads (however defined via the smart list) and the full activity history of that lead in an excel sheet. Without that data, it's nearly impossible to really zero in on the specific marketing activity, or set of activities that correlate highly with a desired action (e.g. sign-up for our service).

I suppose I could build a seperate smart list for every activity I want to monitor (1 for each blog, 1 for the homepage etc...), download them all seperately and the match things up manually in excel. But that seems to be an incredibly inefficient way to to do it.

I'll be floored if Marketo doesn't have an easy solution for this.

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had requested a lead program flow analysis or visualizer and it could not be done: 
https://community.marketo.com/MarketoIdeaDetail?id=08750000000JdaxAAC

What you are looking for can be done using google analytics. Not sure you are going to get what you want with Marketo unless you set-up a bunch of fields like:

Blog page visit count (where you increment the value based on how many times they visit the blog page)
Pricing page visit (true)
Product Sub Page Visit Count 

etc. 

- Jeff
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right, that's what I was thinking. I'll need to build a distinct report for every "touch" I want to measure and then use Excel or Access to link the leads together and build out the history. Then I can analyze the aggregate data.

Incredibly cumbersome way to do it. I'm just really suprised Marketo didn't build this as this is the core value of their system (as I see it) They've built this great platform to collect massive amounts of data, but then limited how it can be analyzed.

Would love to be able to answer questions like:   Across all my campaigns, how many "touches" does it typically take before a lead goes to our sign-up page? Which touches are more effective than others (e.g. blogs? Webinar? site visits?)  Which touches seem to result in increased drop-off for leads (i.e. - what should we stop doing).

I'll get those answers, just going to be a bear to do it.

Thanks Jeff.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You can do some of this with Opp Analyzer if you have RCA. Depending on your Interesting Moment setup, you could easily track those triggers and then look at what led up to an Opp.

This is not quite what you are thinking of, but it's closer.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, looks like I need to pay more for RCA - we just don't have the budget for it. I find it irksome that we pay to collect the data, then need to pay more if we want to analyze in meaningfully.  So it goes I guess.

I'll just do this the hard way:)  Thanks for your help though