Re: Report on URL Parameters

Anonymous
Not applicable

Report on URL Parameters

I am using URL parameters on all LPs to track channel and offer. The same landing page in Marketo will have several values for the URL parameter (so same page root URL is used for Twitter, LinkedIn, paid search, etc. but parameter definition is different). How do I report on form completions for all my landing pages that shows me the value by lead (even duplicates) for these URL parameters?

I tried the landing page performance report and it doesnt show me anything - and I dont see how to customize it. Smart list is not going to do it for me either. I need a complete view to quickly track how offers are performing on each channel so we can make decisions quickly. 

Anyone else doing this/figure it out?

Thanks in advance!!
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

How are you capturing the URL parameter info?

If you have a form on the page, the best way to capture the information is to set a hidden form field form a URL parameter. There's an article here: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KyqoCAC#set-a-hidden-form-field-from-a-de... on the topic.
Amy_Lepre
Level 7

Following along with what Jenna said - I would do the same thing to capture the channel in the URL parameter and then build Smart Lists to report on each one so your SLs would look something ike:

Twitter Channel for Campaign A > Filled Out Form, Hidden Field Value=Twitter
LinkedIn Channel for Campaign A > Filled Out Form, Hidden Field Value=LinkedIn

... etc.

Group your SLs in a folder then you can quickly access them & see how each one is doing individually.

You could then create a Lead Report that shows just those SLs and groups the leads by the hidden field to see this all at a glance.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am using hidden form fields to capture the info, I was looking for help on how to report on the values of those fields.

I need to create a Smartlist for every one?? Not only am I pulling channel, Im also pulling the offer into a hidden field and would like to pivot on both. Are you suggesting I create a smart list for every possible combination?? How do you use a SL to determine it's 'working'? By the # of people in it?? Where do you get the conversion rate then? 

I want to see landing page views and form completions with hidden value data in a report. How do you create this type of custom report in Marketo? Possible? Manually creating SL for every single channel and offer -OY! And that's not even the report?? 
Amy_Lepre
Level 7

Have you looked at the Leads by Source report & tried cloning then modifying?  You can pull in custom columns & then group leads by a column. It might not give you everything you're looking for, but Marketo reports are fairly limited.

Without actually walking through all your scenarios, it seems to me like you could just build on either the channel or the offer for the SLs and then create a report.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good idea! But.... the names of my hidden fields are not on the list of custom column options. Any reason why these would not be there?
Edward_Masson
Level 10

Only Lead reports allow you some customisation. Using the Group by filter in a Lead report set up or adding a custom column. Custom Columns are actually smart lists! create a smart list for every field you want to measure as a column in your lead report. Then add each smart list through the Custom Column filter in the Lead report set up.

Hope this helps