Re: Report Discrepancies - Revenue Cycle Explorer (RCE) vs Marketing Activities Report

Anonymous
Not applicable

Report Discrepancies - Revenue Cycle Explorer (RCE) vs Marketing Activities Report

I recently setup a program performance report in RCE to replicate the traditional email performance report under a specific program in Marketing Activities. The "Clicked" metric is not even close to matching between the RCE report and the Marketing Activities report. Sends, Opens, etc all match pretty close (although not exact). I've double checked the logic/filters/smartlist between the two reports and have not identified any inconsistencies.

Has anyone else dealt with this? Where all other metrics match relatively closely, except for "clicked". Wondering if the two reports calculate things differently.

Thanks for any insight you can provide!

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Report Discrepancies - Revenue Cycle Explorer (RCE) vs Marketing Activities Report

It will not match.

RCE runs overnight and will be a day behind.

EP report looks at different data than the RCE LP report. There's a thread on this somewhere on the exact reasons for this. Part of it is that the RCE report looks at Leads and if the Lead is deleted, it loses the data. But the EP report looks at Email data, which is still around.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! I'll see if I can find that thread. The problem I'm having though is that "clicked" number in the RCE report is actually much higher than in the EP report. So if leads were deleted, then in theory it should be lower, but that's not what I'm seeing.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Odd. Hard for me to check without being in there. I'd compare Smart List Clicked counts as well.

There's a doc here or on docs.marketo.com on the reporting differences between tools.