SOLVED

Report capturing Form Filled date

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Report capturing Form Filled date

New user of Marketo, and I could use a little directional help.

I am looking to export a list of leads that filled out a specific set of web forms.  I can pull date/time of their last activity, but I want the date/time where they actually filled out the form.  Any guidance on how I can go about that?

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Report capturing Form Filled date

Hi Tim,

Unfortunately, this is part of the activity log, and activity logs cannot be exported from Marketo UI. You will need to go through the API.

Now, if this is a recurring request, you should create 2 custom fields:

• "Last Filled Out Form date", type datetime.
  • "Last Filled Out Form", type string

Then set up a smart campaign with the following characteristics:

• Trigger : fills out form IS [Your form]
  • Flow
    • change data value. Attribute =  Last Filled Out Form date, new value = {{system.datetime}}
    • change data value. Attribute = Last Filled Out Form Name, new value = {{trigger.Name}}
  • Schedule : run every time, and activate

This will populate the fields each time the lead fills out a form and you will be able to extract this info through the export.

-Greg

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Are they new leads? If so, you might be able to use "Lead Created".

Otherwise, you could create a field (ex: Form Completed Date) and add this as a hidden field to your form with a system date Token so it's captured upon form completion. Here's info on date/time stamping in Marketo: Get Your Stamp On - The Importance of Date Stamping

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't see a way to do this in regular reporting or RCA. 

You might want to try using the system date/time to populate a field when someone fills out a form and then use that report to report on it.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Tim,

Unfortunately, this is part of the activity log, and activity logs cannot be exported from Marketo UI. You will need to go through the API.

Now, if this is a recurring request, you should create 2 custom fields:

• "Last Filled Out Form date", type datetime.
  • "Last Filled Out Form", type string

Then set up a smart campaign with the following characteristics:

• Trigger : fills out form IS [Your form]
  • Flow
    • change data value. Attribute =  Last Filled Out Form date, new value = {{system.datetime}}
    • change data value. Attribute = Last Filled Out Form Name, new value = {{trigger.Name}}
  • Schedule : run every time, and activate

This will populate the fields each time the lead fills out a form and you will be able to extract this info through the export.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

If the person is allowed to fill out the form multiple times, is there a way to create running log that lists everyone by the date they filled out the form? Thus simply adding them to the log each time after they fill out the form. I need a manner in which to easily see the date and time for each form fill and the associated individual.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

If you mean a running log across leads, no.

You might think about logging to a Google Sheet instead: http://blog.teknkl.com/logging-marketo-form-fills-to-a-google-sheet/

Webenza_MT
Level 2

In order to capture the date and time your marketo form was filled, you should do below-

1) Create a container/bucket to capture this data

2) Either ask your audience to fill the data (which is ridiculous ) or command your system to fill (which smart marketers do )

Details on above-

1) Bucket/container is the custom field which you will have to create by going into admin panel. Under admin panel, go to field management and then create Custom Field. Define what type of data do you want to capture, which is date & time to be obvious. Give the name to this field. API name is assigned automatically.

2) Once you can created the field, you have to command system to fill the date and time in this field. Now go to the program where you have defined certain steps to be taken post form fill. Create one more step in the Flow section of your smart campaign to change the Data value of this field after the form is filled. In attributes, select your field name and under date mention thi system token- {{system.dateTime}}.

Now fill the form and run your report so check if the date and time is getting captured or not.

If you are able. Give a thumbsup.

Thanks,

Gautam Malik