Removing people from an exhausted stream.

amyvoigt_PBC
Level 2

Removing people from an exhausted stream.

Can you remove people from exhausted streams? I know you can search for them but can you remove them from the nurturing program since we won't be adding any new content? 

4 REPLIES 4
uditmathur
Level 6 - Community Advisor

Re: Removing people from an exhausted stream.

Hi @amyvoigt_PBC ,

To answer your question, Yes you can remove your leads from Nurture program stream.

You can get details on removing a member from stream here.

But as a word of caution, after removing you will lose all the reporting associated with that lead.

Hope this helps 😊

Michael_Florin
Level 10

As @uditmathur said, you can absolutely remove people from an Engagement Program entirely, but that's probably not what you want due to the loss of reporting data. But what's certainly a good idea is to move people who have exhausted all content - in a stream or in the whole program - into an empty stream named "No Engagement" or "Bad Exit". That would just store them in your EP, but the nasty "has exhausted content" lines in their activity streams are no longer written.

The "exhausted" status is Marketo's way of telling you that you need to do something. Either move your people into a stream where they would receive emails again or move them into an empty stream or remove them entirely. But don't let them sit in streams and keep on being exhausted every time the stream fires.

amyvoigt_PBC
Level 2

What is the best way to set up a stream for no engagement, it keeps telling me I must have a trigger. We have thousands of contacts in our exhausted streams, and I want to get this cleaned up. 

Michael_Florin
Level 10

Who tells you that you must have a trigger? 😉 It's a myth that you have to use the in-stream transition rules. You might as well move your people with Smart Campaigns.

Just create an empty stream. No content, no schedule - and then create a recurring batch campaign that sends all exhausted people into that empty stream.