SOLVED

Removing 90 day limit for certain information

Go to solution
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Removing 90 day limit for certain information

I was curious if anyone else has had Marketo remove the cleanup of information after 90 days from their account, and if so, how much did it slow down your processing? We are thinking about requesting that we are opted out of that cleanup, but have been warned that it could cause a severe slow-down of our system. Just wanted to check and see what experience other people had with this.

Thanks!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Removing 90 day limit for certain information

hmm...I was under the impression that Marketo was doing the archving to avoid space and processing issues for them, not so much for your instance.

I imagine it would create a slow down if you were running a lot of smart lists and triggers based on behaviors. I don't understand why it would slow you down just to have the data though. I don't know more about this though.

Maybe Breno knows?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Josh_Hill13

Was it that it will slow down processing when you filter on those behaviors? Or overall?
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Josh, you were the person I was hoping would answer since you've commented about this before and so I assume you have some experience with it 🙂 It sounds like it will be an overall slowing of our system:

One drawback to extending the archiving history time frame is that you will experience slower processing in your instance. Basically, with more history to search through for your lead database, Marketo will need more time to perform basic functions.

Thoughts?
Josh_Hill13

hmm...I was under the impression that Marketo was doing the archving to avoid space and processing issues for them, not so much for your instance.

I imagine it would create a slow down if you were running a lot of smart lists and triggers based on behaviors. I don't understand why it would slow you down just to have the data though. I don't know more about this though.

Maybe Breno knows?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dory, curious if you ever learned more about this and which you way you went with this decision, as well as the impact if you opted to remove the 90 day limits. 

Appreciate any insight! Thanks. 
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Justin, we experienced a lot of other issues withour system slowing down so we decided not to pursue removing the 90 day limits. We also found workarounds for most of the fields that we wanted to know the values for. Sorry I couldn't help more!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Dory!