Remove Email Invalid and Unsubscribed Lead Records from Funnel

Anonymous
Not applicable

Remove Email Invalid and Unsubscribed Lead Records from Funnel

Just want to confirm the logic in my thinking for removing leads from our funnel: if a lead is marked invalid or unsubscribes, I plan to set up a smart campaign to remove the lead from our funnel (if the lead was a member already).

One of my concerns (as a possible example) is if the lead was in the engaged stage and reached a success status within a program before the unsubscribe took place and then ultimately is added as a primary contact to an opportunity we won't have the conversion metrics for this lead represented in our funnel, if the lead is removed prematurely.

I am trying to keep an accurate representation of the number of marketable leads in our funnel.

I'd love to get the community's thoughts on this, thank you!

Christine

3 REPLIES 3
Geoff_Krajeski1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Remove Email Invalid and Unsubscribed Lead Records from Funnel

For my organization we created a Smart List called "emailable".

Here is what it looks like.

pastedImage_0.png

All campaigns we create check against this list to make sure that no one is 'caught' in any of these bad filters.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not sure what you want to do here but Marketo tracks Marketable leads out of the box.  you could simply use a filter to track marketable leads at different stages of the funnel as well

Anonymous
Not applicable

Geoff - thank you!  We have a similar list but it's a blocked leads list to exclude any leads that meet multiple parameters in the smart list. 

Jamie - Since we are actively excluding "bad" leads in our database from sends, I wanted to make sure those leads in our funnel are marketable leads as well.  Just trying to keep the success path analyzer clean when it comes to marketable leads.  I may not have asked my question correctly or this may be a non-issue, just a thought I had.

Thank you both!