SOLVED

Re: Referring someone new via a Marketo form (and attributing that referral to the person who submitted the form)

Go to solution
MarianoAdunseCO
Level 2

Re: Referring someone new via a Marketo form (and attributing that referral to the person who submitted the form)

@Darshil_Shah1  I'm not entirely sure why, but I'm using the same code - in a different instance (making sure I've changed the relevant munching code and URLs etc), but for some reason, the second post isn't going through. I'm getting a message that flashes on the submit button that says "Submission failed, Please try again later." (indicating the second post failed) before the follow-up page then loads..

Do you know the reason this might be happening? One variation is, I'm using the GET method in this second instance as opposed to POST... 

Also, I've loaded forms 2 right before this - I just clipped it from the screenshot.

Finally, the troubleshooting article I found on the error message in Community states that the reason for this is that there are two conflicting instance URLs on the page. I am positive that there aren't, because I searched the entire source code in the template and can't find any others!

Failed.png

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Well the form submit is always a POST request to Marketo (triggers on form submit).

Also, is there any reason that you're setting a empty key in the line before the 'mkto_trk':'' line in the onSuccess method while making the referee's form submission? I hope you're loading all the forms on your LP using the same domains / instance base-URLs.

Lastly, can you share the webpage's URL where you've deployed this? It'll  help us diagnose the problem better.

MarianoAdunseCO
Level 2

the empty "mkt_trk" was an omission on my part @Darshil_Shah1 . Could that be causing issues? I wouldn't think so, but I will strip it out just to be sure.

Here's the web page:

Just editing out the web page for the sake of censorship!

Also I'm definitely using all the URLs as far as I can see. I may have missed something, though.

Also please feel free to run a test on the form.

Darshil_Shah1

You would want the  '_mkt_trk': '' in the on Success method, I was rather talking about below line from the code snippet's snapshot you posted in your earlier comment. 

Darshil_Shah1_1-1650875017664.png

I made one test submission - I didn't see any errors and also did see the 2 success (200 OK) calls to the save endpoint. Do you see the records at your end?

MarianoAdunseCO
Level 2

Yes, indeed I do see the records! Thank you so much again @Darshil_Shah1 !!

Darshil_Shah1

That's awesome!