Referral Source for Marketo Leads

Anonymous
Not applicable

Referral Source for Marketo Leads

I ran a Linkedin campaign where prospects can download a whitepaper via a Marketo form.  How come for my leads in Marketo, I don't see any coming from LInkedIn? 
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Referral Source for Marketo Leads

Try going through the flow yourself to test it, and look at the activities and fields on the lead. That'll help you figure out if the data isn't coming through or if it might stored in a different place.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Are you referring to Original Referrer? I would do what Erik suggests, but also tell us more about how you setup the landing page and program for this campaign? How would you know they came in from LinkedIn?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I added a Hidden Field on my Marketo Forms that indicated the Lead Source so I could track this. I'm with Josh - maybe some more info about the forms and landing page would help us troubleshoot/offer better tips?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for your responses.  I did go through the flow myself, and the Original Referrer says "google.com" for my linkedin campaign.  It also says "google.com" when I downloaded it from a Facebook post.

So I'm leveraging the same form for multiple channels (linkedin, facebook, also on website).  I thought marketo would tell me where ppl clicked from, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

How would I create a Hidden Field  on my form to indicate the lead source? How does this actually work?  Or should I be creating a different form for each channel? 

Thank you!