Records deleted in Marketo not syncing back from Salesforce

MBissonette
Level 1

Records deleted in Marketo not syncing back from Salesforce

We have been working with Marketo support for months to pinpoint the cause but it continues to elude us. 

Our SFDC/Marketo sync works when first creating a new contact in SFDC or updating a contact in SFDC. The record is properly created/updated in Marketo.  However; if an SFDC record exists in both SFDC and Marketo and is then deleted from Marketo, SFDC fails to recreate record in Marketo. We have tried toggling the Marketo Sync boolean field on the SFDC Contact but it doesn't repopulate on Marketo.

We have tested extensively and I have searched the forums but have not been able to find anything similar.  

7 REPLIES 7
Vinay_Kumar
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Records deleted in Marketo not syncing back from Salesforce

Have you attempted updating the field value for those records in Salesforce?

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

@MBissonette wrote:

We have tried toggling the Marketo Sync boolean field on the SFDC Contact but it doesn't repopulate on Marketo.

We have tested extensively and I have searched the forums but have not been able to find anything similar.  

This is really strange. Technically, with the custom sync filter re-enabled, the record should get upserted in Marketo. Are you able to check whether any changes/updates have been done to the record so it isn't accessible to the Marketo sync user profile? Have you tried making any other field updates after you enable the sync filter to see whether the record gets created in Marketo?

MBissonette
Level 1

We've tried testing this every way you can think of.  We've tried changing demographic information to see if that would trigger the send.  We always get the same results and it's only on records created in Marketo then deleted in Marketo

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Is there by any chance a trigger campaign running that uses the Durable Unsubscribe feature to determine that someone was just recreated and auto-unsubscribed and then deletes them immediately?

MBissonette
Level 1

That sounds very complex.  Let me check with the team and see if that's possible.  

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Look into it because when nothing else makes sense, sometimes “it was deleted before I could see it” is the explanation.

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

I agree with Sandy. In this case, with all the other things with the SFDC-Marketo integration working correctly, people getting deleted from Marketo as soon as they're re-created seems a very plausible explanation.