SOLVED

Re: Record update during import, but not add new lead

Go to solution
Michael_Sogunro
Level 2

Record update during import, but not add new lead

Hello,

I have a file that I will be uploading into Marketo on a daily basis. Some of the records in this file will already be in Marketo. The records in the file that are also in Marketo, I want their data to be updated, but I do not want the records in the file that are not in Marketo to be added.

I looked at the import settings, and didn't see any selection that I could make to achieve this. Is it possible? 

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

This is your answer - the "List Import Mode"

pastedImage_0.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Rachel_Noble
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Hey Michael,

There might be an easier way to do this than my method, but it only takes about 2 minutes. Usually, I create a smart list with one filter, "Email Address is..." and copy and paste the email address column from your import spreadsheet. Then, export the smart list.

Use a vlookup in Excel (if you're already familiar with excel it should be pretty easy for you, and if not, I promise it's not that hard to pick up ) to see which leads are already in Marketo. Filter out those who aren't, and then import the filtered list.

It might take a while the first time, but I do this almost weekly and it really only takes two minutes each time. Hope this helps!

Rachel

Michael_Sogunro
Level 2

Thanks for the reply, Rachel. I was hoping to to avoid the exporting/importing fuss. I guess I will have to continue with this until a better option is available.

Thanks!

Rachel_Noble
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Definitely a bummer. If you come up with a better way please let me know! Would love to avoid that here too

Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

This is your answer - the "List Import Mode"

pastedImage_0.png

Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

+1 for the answer added by Nicholas Manojlovic