SOLVED

Record types

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Record types

HI Marketo Community,

We are in process of doing a Saleforce.com/Marketo integration and I am not really finding much on initial set up on the SFDC side.

We use record types for accounts, but have not set any up for Leads at this point.  My thought process is when a lead gets converted that it gets mapped to the correct account record type.  Wonder if I should be mirroring lead record types to account record types.

I am wondering if this is something that should be done prior to integration or after?

How have others handled using record types in this situation?

Thanks in advance for any input.

David

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Record types

Hi David, you are right about Marketo identifying SFDC record types.  In my previous post I should have been more specific and said that, superficially, where SFDC makes the distinction between leads and contacts, Marketo just sees them all as 'leads'.

This being said, you can create a list or smart list in Marketo, and pull in the "Record Type ID" field.  This is the unique identifier Marketo can read, which ties back into the SFDC record type.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi David, to me this sounds like more of a best practice question for the SFDC message boards, rather than Marketo community, as it's more about how Salesforce handles its own records natively during the conversion process, based on SFDC record types, field mapping, and so on.

I can say that Marketo sees all lead/contact record types as the same.  The only difference would be if you set up validation rules on the SFDC side that would say, for example, Marketo is blocked from making field updates to this record type.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nate,

Thanks for your response.  I did post this on both communities.
I did find out that when leads get pushed back to SFDC they some how match to a record type.
Have to dig in some more.

Thanks again.....David
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

The default setup is to have

SFDC Leads
SFDC Contacts that are associated to SFDC Accounts

Lead must be manually converted to Contacts and associated to the right Account. It can be done automatically, but you need tools to do that.

As Nate said, speak with an SFDC Admin or the SFDC Boards or a Consultant.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi David, you are right about Marketo identifying SFDC record types.  In my previous post I should have been more specific and said that, superficially, where SFDC makes the distinction between leads and contacts, Marketo just sees them all as 'leads'.

This being said, you can create a list or smart list in Marketo, and pull in the "Record Type ID" field.  This is the unique identifier Marketo can read, which ties back into the SFDC record type.