Re: Recommended tool for mapping out customer journeys

Nurture_Ninja
Level 4

Recommended tool for mapping out customer journeys

Are there any recommended tools for mapping out the customer journey before initiating the building process in Marketo? For instance, would tools like Visio or Lucidchart be suitable? Alternatively, does the new release, the visual engagement canvas, assist in this regard? I would appreciate any guidance on this matter. Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Lucidchart, Draw.io, etc. are certainly useful for strategizing and visualizing the lifecycle model. For this, all you need for the tool is to be able to create a chart/diagram suitable to your needs so that you’re able to see the journey - stages, transitions, etc. in a very detailed manner for your teams. I have used Lucid Chart and Draw.io for this in the past, and they have worked well for me. Engagement canvas helps in building, editing, and visualizing the configuration of a single campaign, and since a lifecycle model would typically contain more than one campaign for managing all the stage transitions, it would not be a great alternative to the tools like Lucidchart that could allow you to create and visualize entire lead journey at one place, in one chart. Moreover, the engagement canvas applies only to campaigns, so in case you have transitions taken care of in the RCM model itself, you’d not be able to use it. Additionally, in a typical lifecycle build project, we start by creating a model on a chart/visualizing platform like Lucid/draw.io instead of going ahead and creating transition campaigns in the first place, so it’s less likely that you’d be able to use the engagement canvas as a 100% alternative to the charting platforms for strategizing and visualizing the lead journey.

tomh2
Level 2

This is the issue I have with engagement canvas. It has great potential but I need something that does this at the lifecycle level. Is Marketo looking into this?

Vinay_Kumar
Level 10 - Community Advisor

I have utilized Microsoft Visio, Lucidchart, and Draw.io as valuable tools for planning operational aspects. These platforms offer a diverse set of diagramming features that are particularly useful for mapping out the customer journey.