SOLVED

Recent lead activity in an alert email?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recent lead activity in an alert email?

Hey all,

As part of a notification about a change in a lead's lifecycle stage (say, going to MQL), I'm sending out alerts to the lead owner and a few other interested parties.  An ask on these is that I provide, say, the last 5 activities (could be interesting moments or activity) as part of the email.  I see how I can include the last activity, but I can't see any way to show more than just the last.

Any way to get that done?

Thanks,

Damian
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Amy_Lepre
Level 7

Re: Recent lead activity in an alert email?

Hi Damian,

We are doing something similar to this. What we did was create 2 custom fields called Last Interesting Moment & Compiled Interesting Moments. Then every time a lead has an interesting moment, we update the Last Interesting Moment field with the appropriate value and the Compiled Interesting Moments field to append the data. It looks like this:

LAST INTERESTING MOMENT

We already had several Smart Campaigns running to capture interesting moments based on type. In the Flow steps for each one, we added a second step that updates the value of the Last Interesting Moment field to whatever the interesting moment was.

COMPILED INTERESTING MOMENTS

We created a new Smart Campaign to do this.

Smart List
Trigger > Data Value Changes > Attribute: Last Interesting Moment

Flow
Change Data Value > Compiled Interesting Moments > New Value: {{system.date}} - {{lead.Last Interesting Moment}}, {{lead.Compiled Interesting Moments}}

Now the Compiled Interesting Moments field is a comma separated list of the interesting moments with the date each happened. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

They should be able to see that by visiting the lead in SFDC and looking at the Interesting Moments tab.

Honestly, my preference is to get them to click on the lead link and view the whole record. If they want some reasons to consider clicking, the contact info and last actions should suffice in most cases.

I think there was a thread on this concept earlier if you do a search.
Amy_Lepre
Level 7

Hi Damian,

We are doing something similar to this. What we did was create 2 custom fields called Last Interesting Moment & Compiled Interesting Moments. Then every time a lead has an interesting moment, we update the Last Interesting Moment field with the appropriate value and the Compiled Interesting Moments field to append the data. It looks like this:

LAST INTERESTING MOMENT

We already had several Smart Campaigns running to capture interesting moments based on type. In the Flow steps for each one, we added a second step that updates the value of the Last Interesting Moment field to whatever the interesting moment was.

COMPILED INTERESTING MOMENTS

We created a new Smart Campaign to do this.

Smart List
Trigger > Data Value Changes > Attribute: Last Interesting Moment

Flow
Change Data Value > Compiled Interesting Moments > New Value: {{system.date}} - {{lead.Last Interesting Moment}}, {{lead.Compiled Interesting Moments}}

Now the Compiled Interesting Moments field is a comma separated list of the interesting moments with the date each happened. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Amy - thanks for the response - great solution that we're going to implement immediately.
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is fantastic. Thanks for the idea, Amy! Like Damian, I'm implementing this right now.