Reassigning Lead Owner

Anonymous
Not applicable

Reassigning Lead Owner

Hi all-- 

We just finished updating our auto-assignment rules in SFDC and want to reassign all leads in Marketo to the now correct sales rep. I was wondering what the best way is to go about this, without creating duplicates, etc. Can I simply select all leads and "sync to sfdc" to run through the new rules or do I need a cvs file from salesforce to manually import and then sync? Are either of these even possible to reassign leads? I think I ran across a discussion/idea post that mentioned each lead can only be assigned once and that reassigning is difficult. Is this something that can be done on the saleforce side and Marketo can then simply sync up with the updates made in salesforce? Please help!

Thanks so much!
Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Reassigning Lead Owner

No, you need to do Choice Steps on Sync to SFDC. Existing SFDC leads will not trigger Lead Assignment Rules *unless* you have Apex code helping. So

If Lead Owner First Name is X, then assign to New Lead Owner.

You can reassign leads in SFDC using various tools like Demand Tools with LeadID and Lead Owner fields. You cannot do the same in Marketo.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reassigning Lead Owner

I suppose you could use the data loader to pull all your Leads down from SFDC with just IDs in the report, then upload them back with just that column. That tricks SFDC into thinking those Leads have been updated and would therefore fire your assignment rules.