Re-engaging Marketing Suspened

Ryan_Riggins
Level 1

Re-engaging Marketing Suspened

Apologies if this question has already been addressed but I haven't found anything specifically addressing this. I am relatively new to Marketo and have complete a foundational course but still have much to learn to reach the rank of Jedi in Marketo.

That being said, I am wondering if anyone has any insights as to how one goes about re-engaging marketing suspended contacts. I know typically you must manually change the status of a contact to "marketing suspended" but we have a smart list that filters non- engagement over a specific period of time to change their status to marketing suspended.

That being said the emails are still valid and we are hoping to reach out to them again and I wanted to know how you re-establish our ability to do outward facing marketing to those contacts. Probably about 10k contacts in total.

Does this make sense?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
Cory_Gabor1
Level 4

Re: Re-engaging Marketing Suspened

Hi Ryan,

Great question! I deal with the same situation with our Marketing Suspended leads.

You should set up a smart campaign/flow with the following flow: Change Data Value > Marketing Suspended = False

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thanks!

Ryan_Riggins
Level 1

Cory,

I will give that a go, thanks so much for the advice. Stay tuned for results!

Cory_Gabor1
Level 4

No problem, Ryan. Just remember when setting up the smart list you will want to filter in the correct people.

If that works, please go ahead and give it a thumbs up and mark it as correct

Ryan_Riggins
Level 1

Cory,

I totally agree that works to get contacts back into an active status, although what is tripping me up is making sure i'm not re-engaging a contact who has 1. unsubscribed or 2. is suspended for a legitimate reason.

Essentially trying to differentiate between "marketing suspended" contacts that are unmarketable, against those who still are but have been neglected or inactive.

Thoughts?

Cory_Gabor1
Level 4

Hi Ryan,

Yes, that's a tough scenario as I am not exactly sure of the filters you are using. Do you have any other differentiators (fields that may be used for the reason they were suspended such as deactivation reason) that may help you narrow down the people you want to take out of marketing suspended?

For the unsubscribed, you can have a filter of Unsubscribed is FALSE.