SOLVED

Re: RCE, filter out email domains in email performance results?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

RCE, filter out email domains in email performance results?

I feel like this this should be very simple but for the life of me cannot figure this out. I do not want to add the email address field to the layout because that would just be ridiculous with thousands of rows. There should be a way to just set a report level filter based on email address domain, is this a thing? I've only been able to add layout element filters...

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SydneyMulligan
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Which report are you looking at? You're in RCE, not Analytics, right? Do you have Email as a shared field so it shows up in RCE?

If so, I believe you can add it to the top under filters.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SydneyMulligan

Which report are you looking at? You're in RCE, not Analytics, right? Do you have Email as a shared field so it shows up in RCE?

If so, I believe you can add it to the top under filters.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, RCE > email analysis. The filter on the top only shows field filters for elements to be displayed so I see my program name and email name filters but they are tied to those layout elements. So yes I can add email address to the layout but that is not want I want to do, I just want to filter the results to exclude leads with a certain domain, I do not want to see the actual email address values. If I report on email name vs sent, say I get 100 for sent but I know that 5 of those are part of an internal list, how can I get the results to show 95? I want a global filter to say omit any results for leads with the email address domain that contains @google.com or something.

Josh_Hill13

Can't you just add Email Address to the filter section? Don't put it in the main area.

SydneyMulligan

Right, so there is a filter section that might be collapsed so you aren't seeing it now. But open it up (it's gray) and you can drag the email address field there to filter based on email domain. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

You were absolutely right. It still shows the email address filter under "Program name is restricted to the following:" so it is a bit confusing but at least it's working. Thanks.