Re: RCE Field Glossary/Data Dictionary

Mark_Farnell
Level 5

RCE Field Glossary/Data Dictionary

I'm starting to use RCE and am struggling to understand the terminology of some of the fields - mainly because of the overlap in langauge with SFDC which I use a lot more.  Is there a data dictionary anywhere?  e.g."Number of Leads (Converted to Opportunity)".  WIth my SFDC head on I read conversion as converting the lead to a contact with an opportunity, but I am going to guess that in MKTO this means number of leads in MKTO (so leads or contacts in SFDC, but in this case contacts) added to an Opportunity with a Contact Role.  Or could it mean number of contacts at an account with an opportunity?  And is that Opportunity now closed, or open only?  I have really looked for a list of definitions/formulas but have not found what I need.  Overall, a complete dictionary of MKTO metrics for all analysis types would be perfect.
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Mark,

I don't have full RCA, so I haven't created such a list yet.

I suspect Number of Leads means Marketo Records who now have an Opp attached after going through a Program, etc. It would likely mean ANY opp, closed won, lost, or open because it just wants to know who made it to an Opp.

Perhaps a Marketo staffer or Elliot can help here.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Mark,

It's the number of leads that have been added to an opportunity with a contact role.  The lead doesn't need to go through a Program and the opportunity can be in any stage.

I like your idea of a data dictionary.  Would you mind posting to the Ideas section of the Community?  We have help articles for each analysis area, but I think it'd be useful to have a consolidated glossary.

TJ