SOLVED

Re: Random Sample Question

Go to solution
Tiffany_Tasa2
Level 1

Random Sample Question

Hi all, hope I'm posting this in the right place. Apologies if not.

I have a quick questions around using a random sample in a flow step with a smart list triggered filter of "added to SFDC campaign." The goal: how can I just say, every other person added to a SFDC campaign (happening by a sales person), do x flow step (while still allowing the smart campaign to target everyone for the other steps, like change program status).

I’m not sure how Marketo would look at 50% of one one lead (if the trigger is on-ramping one person at a time, as they're being added to the SFDC campaign). Would the default Marketo action be consistent, and then vary it? Or is it varied with each person coming into the flow?

Can't seem to find the default action in the Marketo product docs. Thanks for any help!

UPDATE: We've solved for this. No help needed after all. Thanks!

Cheers,
Tiffany Tasa
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

@Tiffany_Tasa2 to answer your implicit question for others who may come upon this post...

With a trigger SC, Marketo applies the Random Sample to every campaign run regardless of lead. It doesn't "remember" what the same Lead ID did the last time it ran.

So with a Random Sample = 50 and 2 choices, and the SC qualification rules set to "Every time", the same lead can qualify for either choice an unlimited number of times.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Carrie_Chandle1
Level 6

Hi @Tiffany_Tasa2, you can do this by adding a Choice within the flow step that you want to create a random sample for, then keep your other flow steps normal. For example, if you wanted to send 50% of the qualified people an email, but change the program status for everyone then you'd have this: 

Carrie_Chandle1_0-1619206183159.png

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

@Tiffany_Tasa2 to answer your implicit question for others who may come upon this post...

With a trigger SC, Marketo applies the Random Sample to every campaign run regardless of lead. It doesn't "remember" what the same Lead ID did the last time it ran.

So with a Random Sample = 50 and 2 choices, and the SC qualification rules set to "Every time", the same lead can qualify for either choice an unlimited number of times.