SOLVED

Re: Random Sample Across Multiple Flows?

Go to solution
Mathew_Kuehl
Level 3

Random Sample Across Multiple Flows?

I built a campaign strategy that requires a random split across three nurture flows, and then as new prospects enter system they have a 33% percent chance to go down one of the flows, based on usual random sample methodology, but I am starting to wonder how this would be done in Marketo.  I have been able to do this style of campaign flow population split with other tools, but not sure how it would be done with Marketo.  Can anyone help define how I would build this in Marketo, or guide me to a previous post about this?

I have attached a visual aid to explain what I am trying to solve for, note the 33% call outs on data entering into flows.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mel_Dadoly
Level 4

Hi Mathew,

You can accomplish this by using a random sample choice in the Add to Engagement program flow step. It would look something like this:

Screen Shot 2015-11-18 at 10.20.44 AM.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Mathew,

What I would recommend is using the Campaign Is Requested trigger, and the Request Campaign flow step.  Basically, you'll have a single "master" campaign that will use the random sample choices in a Request Campaign flow step to send leads to your campaigns evenly.  Does that make sense?

When using the Request Campaign flow step, please not that you must have campaigns with the Campaign is Requested trigger in their smart list, and they must be active before you can select them from the Request Campaign flow step.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

John

Mel_Dadoly
Level 4

Hi Mathew,

You can accomplish this by using a random sample choice in the Add to Engagement program flow step. It would look something like this:

Screen Shot 2015-11-18 at 10.20.44 AM.png