SOLVED

Re: Radio buttons and mobile device - problem!!!

Go to solution
Elaine_Gan
Level 1

Radio buttons and mobile device - problem!!!

I have radio buttons on my form, and the values aren't being captured when the form is filled out from a mobile device. From desktop it works fine. Can anyone help please? This is urgent as the invitation must go out in 3 hours ... ahhhhh. #radio buttons

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The perception that the radio buttons are working on desktop browsers is optimistic!

In fact, they do not work correctly anywhere, because somebody wrote some extremely poorly-thought-out JS. Not knowing how to correctly use the Forms 2.0 JS API, they're overwriting the value attribute of the radio buttons after fetching a response from an outside webservice. Remove the code that calls updateFormVars and you'll be fine.

(Also, I shudder to imagine what you're doing with that service and its is_anon check, etc.. That's a clear Denial of Service attack vector if indeed it's hitting Marketo REST API with every pageview.)

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
SanfordWhiteman

Any question like this must include a URL. How else could we help?

And what specific mobile device(s) are you testing with?

Elaine_Gan
Level 1

SanfordWhiteman

The perception that the radio buttons are working on desktop browsers is optimistic!

In fact, they do not work correctly anywhere, because somebody wrote some extremely poorly-thought-out JS. Not knowing how to correctly use the Forms 2.0 JS API, they're overwriting the value attribute of the radio buttons after fetching a response from an outside webservice. Remove the code that calls updateFormVars and you'll be fine.

(Also, I shudder to imagine what you're doing with that service and its is_anon check, etc.. That's a clear Denial of Service attack vector if indeed it's hitting Marketo REST API with every pageview.)

Elaine_Gan
Level 1

Thanks so much! I will get some help to action the steps you've provided! Thank youuuuuu!!! 

SanfordWhiteman

I see this is fixed now. When you get a chance please come back and mark my answer above as Correct, thanks.

Elaine_Gan
Level 1

pastedImage_1.png

pastedImage_2.png

SanfordWhiteman

OK, I'll take a look now.