"Sync Person Updates to SFDC" activity

Malik_Zafar2
Level 4

"Sync Person Updates to SFDC" activity

what does the "sync person updates to sfdc" activity under the activity log actually signify?

Example (highlighted in orange)

Screen Shot 2019-10-15 at 2.47.27 PM.png

Does that mean Salesforce initiated a sync automatically? I'm leaning towards "no" because I know the SFDC sync happens every 10 minutes, and I don't see anywhere near enough of these activity types to think it was that.

I don't see any "campaign name" associated with this activity type, so I'm guessing it must be some sort of system update.

Thanks!

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Amit_Jain
Level 8 - Community Advisor

Re: "Sync Person Updates to SFDC" activity

Its due to the automatic sycn from Marketo to SFDC.

What make you say that

I don't see anywhere near enough of these activity types to think it was that.

Malik_Zafar2
Level 4

Only seeing it a few times over a span of a couple days, I assumed if it was happening every 10 minutes that there would be more activity types that match "Sync Person Update to SFDC"

Or does this only run again once the last sync is 100% complete? We do have a pretty large database.

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

Sync cycles only log an activity for a record if there has been a change to the record on either system

If the syncs were copying the entire database every time, you'd be limited to very long sync cycles

Michael_Florin
Level 10

Don't know if I'm allowed to post a related question here, but let's try: Can I query this activity somehow through a Smart List? Or even more specifically: Can I query a failed sync?

2019-11-25 13_09_04-Window.jpg

Thanks,
Michael

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

For a better chance of having your question answered, best to start a new post

Jay_Jiang
Level 10

Best log a ticket with support for that one

Marketo most likely captures the response from the salesforce API for the sync activity. If it's showing "no further information" I'm led to believe it might be a default response and something is amiss.