SOLVED

Re: "Request Campaign" flow step

Go to solution
Jeff_Smith3
Level 7

"Request Campaign" flow step

I have a situation were some trigger constraints where a bit too narrow, which prevented several records from entering the flow. The flow is a series of emails divided by wait steps. Now that the constraints have been fixed, I want push these people back through the flow. I'm thinking the best solution is to have an "Email Address is..." filter in the smart campaign, followed by a Request Campaign flow step. I don't often use that flow step, so I just want to confirm that this would do the trick...?

Also, if there was a record that did not qualify for the flow because of constraints, but at the same time, I didn't want to adjust the smart campaign (sort of like wanting to make one or two exceptions without changing the filters/constraints), is there a way to just force someone into the flow, where they wouldn't normally qualify? The request campaign flow step would still keep them out of the flow of the requested campaign due to them not getting past the smart list, right?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anna_Bruning1
Level 4

Hi Jeff,

I would definitely use the Request Campaign trigger for a situation like this. You can create s smart campaign to do it or actually just create a smart list, select the leads you want and do a one step change by selecting "Lead Actions" > "Special" > "Request Campaign."

To deal with the issue of having filters that don't apply, one approach is to use some advanced filtering for the smart list on the smart campaign. Along with adding the Request Campaign trigger, you can use the advanced filter option to, for example, includes filters 1,2 & 3 OR 4 and 5, which would look like this ((1 AND 2 AND 3) or (4 AND 5)). There are a lot of different iterations based on what filters you want to apply. Does that work for your situation?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anna_Bruning1
Level 4

Hi Jeff,

I would definitely use the Request Campaign trigger for a situation like this. You can create s smart campaign to do it or actually just create a smart list, select the leads you want and do a one step change by selecting "Lead Actions" > "Special" > "Request Campaign."

To deal with the issue of having filters that don't apply, one approach is to use some advanced filtering for the smart list on the smart campaign. Along with adding the Request Campaign trigger, you can use the advanced filter option to, for example, includes filters 1,2 & 3 OR 4 and 5, which would look like this ((1 AND 2 AND 3) or (4 AND 5)). There are a lot of different iterations based on what filters you want to apply. Does that work for your situation?

Anna_Bruning1
Level 4

Also note, if you haven't used Request Campaign before that the trigger needs to be in the smart list of the smart campaign you're using in order for you to request the campaign.