SOLVED

Re: "Request A Demo" Opt-In on Form: Program Best Practices?

Go to solution
Spencer_Philli1
Level 3

"Request A Demo" Opt-In on Form: Program Best Practices?

Hello Marketing Nation,

I am launching a gated white paper, and I recently received feedback that the form needs a pre-check check box, with the copy "Contact me to schedule a demo" next to it to opt people in.

After researching the product docs, and the marketo forums, I was not able to find documentation on how to best build out the necessary programs to capture and store this data. I guess you could call it a "subscription center."

The end goal is to have sales follow up with the people who leave the box checked, as they are hand raisers.

My questions are as follows:

1. On the form, which Marketo form field is "best" for this scenario or does this require a new, custom form field to be built?

2. What is the optimum program set up (smart list and flow steps) to effectively track people who leave the box checked and ensure that sales gets alerted (I already have a Request A Demo campaign - would it be to add those people who leave the box checked into my "Request A Demo" campaign?)

Thank you,

Spencer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

You need to create a boolean field in Admin. Then link that on your form (pre-check if desired, but know that some people see that as 'cheeky').

Then create a trigger SC that will watch for that boolean value becoming true (Data Value Changed / New Value = True) and have a flow step that adds them to a list, sends an alert, or whatever other process you need to follow.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

You need to create a boolean field in Admin. Then link that on your form (pre-check if desired, but know that some people see that as 'cheeky').

Then create a trigger SC that will watch for that boolean value becoming true (Data Value Changed / New Value = True) and have a flow step that adds them to a list, sends an alert, or whatever other process you need to follow.

Spencer_Philli1
Level 3

Thank you, JD!

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

If your audience includes European citizens, pre-selecting any sort of opt-in box will also be illegal, come May (as a result of GDPR). It‘s a best practice to never pre-select these types of opt-in/consent tick boxes.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

+1, CASL too...

Spencer_Philli1
Level 3

Thank you Dan and Sanford. I definitely want to ensure that our communications are following all applicable laws... I appreciate the feedback.