SOLVED

"Read-Write Lead" permission missing?

Go to solution
7shiftsIT
Level 1

"Read-Write Lead" permission missing?

Hello!

I need to set up Marketo to Vidyard integration, which entails adding a Role with API access. Vidyard's documentation specifies that I need to add the "Read-Write Lead" permission to the role. However, I don't see that permission in the list of available permissions under "Access API".

As well, the Marketo API documentation has conflicting information. Specifically, "Leads" appears under the REST API > Lead Database docs and references Read-Write Lead permission, as well as under REST API > Endpoint Reference > Lead Database, but is not mentioned in the "Descriptions of Role Permissions" page in the Marketo Guide.

Can someone give me some clarification on this? Has the Lead endpoint been discontinued, or do I need to have access to something else in Marketo to access it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: "Read-Write Lead" permission missing?

The words “Lead/Leads” have been replaced with “Person/People”. While creating a new role/updating an existing role in the Marketo Admin > Users and Roles > Roles section, you could checkmark the Read-Write Person permission under the Access API permissions set (reference snapshot below). This would essentially grant access to perform the required Read/Write data to the people for the API user created with this role. Also, the leads endpoint hasn't been discontinued; you can find it on the developer documentation page here.

Darshil_Shah1_1-1674581329457.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

The words “Lead/Leads” have been replaced with “Person/People”. While creating a new role/updating an existing role in the Marketo Admin > Users and Roles > Roles section, you could checkmark the Read-Write Person permission under the Access API permissions set (reference snapshot below). This would essentially grant access to perform the required Read/Write data to the people for the API user created with this role. Also, the leads endpoint hasn't been discontinued; you can find it on the developer documentation page here.

Darshil_Shah1_1-1674581329457.png

7shiftsIT
Level 1

Ah, thank you very much! I was having a lot of trouble finding exactly where it had gone. I appreciate your help on this one!