SOLVED

"Opportunity is Updated" "Trigger Attribute" constraint missing

Go to solution
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

"Opportunity is Updated" "Trigger Attribute" constraint missing

Hello,

What I found odd is that there is a specific field in the opportunity that I am trying to trigger by. When I select the drop down for "trigger attribute", it is not available. However, when I type the field in directly and save, there is no red error line under the title so I am to believe it is a valid option. Does it mean that although I could not select the field, it is going to trigger off of it now?

Thanks,

Devraj

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Devraj_Grewal

Re: "Opportunity is Updated" "Trigger Attribute" constraint missing

Heard back from Support and they confirmed that if you manually input the correct field, it will still work. The pick list values for the constraint are just a suggestion list of possible values as there is a limitation of how many items it can show. So i just typed in the exact name of the field in the opportunity and the red squiggly error line does not appear.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't tested this out, but when I just added a random made up field I did get the red squiggly error line.

Devraj_Grewal

Actually, the field is a valid field, I just can't find it under the drop down list. But when I type it in manually, there is no error line under it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Got it. Seems like it should work if there's no error line but perhaps a Marketo product team member could confirm

Josh_Hill13

Opp filters are a bit weird because everyone has slightly different things going on. I've also had a lot of problems with the drop downs lately not populating quickly or having too many options, then it just doesn't fill in all the way.

You can just test it by modifying a test Opp. Did it work? Great! If not, then it's not going to be valid.

Devraj_Grewal

Heard back from Support and they confirmed that if you manually input the correct field, it will still work. The pick list values for the constraint are just a suggestion list of possible values as there is a limitation of how many items it can show. So i just typed in the exact name of the field in the opportunity and the red squiggly error line does not appear.