Re: "Email Bounced Soft' vs "Email Bounced"

Anonymous
Not applicable

"Email Bounced Soft' vs "Email Bounced"

What is the definition of the "email bounced" filter vs "email bounced soft" ? Does "Email Bounced" filter ONLY look for HARD bounces or does it include HARD and SOFT bounces?

5 REPLIES 5
Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

Providers like Yahoo might initially bounce an email if they see a high volume coming through.  There are numerous reasons why the email is bounced. Marketo will try to send the email again later.

The Difference Between Hard Bounces and Soft Bounces [FAQs]

Robb Barrett
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI Robb,

Thanks for your quick response. I know the definitions of hard and soft bounced emails. I’m looking for Marketo’s definition of the Marketo filters found in a Marketo smart list.

There is an email bounced filter AND an email bounced soft filter. If I use the email bounced filter does it look for leads that have hard bounced ONLY or hard and soft bounced? There isn’t an email bounced hard filter so I assume the email bounced filter is used to final all hard bounces ONLY? I just need you to confirm the definitions if each of the Marketo filters in the image below.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Bounced=Hard

Email Bounced Soft=Soft

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

+1 on Josh's answer. If you're looking for just hard bounces then use Bounced. If you're looking for just soft, then use Soft Bounced. If you want both, add both filters.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great, thanks for confirming☺