SOLVED

Re: "Data Value Changes" trigger not working for "Updated At" attribute.

Go to solution
mauriciogior
Level 1

"Data Value Changes" trigger not working for "Updated At" attribute.

Hello,

I have a Smart Campaign inside a Program that syncs all Member changes on that program (status and data) through a Webhook flow. The issue is that the "Data Value Changes" never triggers for "Updated At" attribute, it only triggers for attributes that I can edit on an input.

How can I fix this? I don't want to add dozens of "Data Value Changes" triggers on my Smart List to sync the data.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

OK, your problem area wasn’t clear originally.

Also, why is there an option for "Updated At" on "Data Value Changes" if it doesn't work?

Regrettably, this is the case in several places in Marketo — a UI dropdown including an option doesn’t mean the platform actually supports it. That’s where direct experience comes in.

You can use Updated At in a batch campaign, which in turn requests a trigger campaign, and the trigger runs Call Webhook. Yes, it will not be instantaneous. But again consider the possible volume if every single update triggered a smart campaign, and the SC was set to “every time” in setup. The usage would be catastrophic on every sync or bulk import.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman

This field is deliberately omitted because of the strain it would place on the system in a trigger context.

You can have your webhook return a "net changes" field (covering any case where the old value and new value differ) and then trigger on Data Value Changes on that field.
mauriciogior
Level 1

Hi SanfordWhiteman, thank you for your reply.

That's not quite what we want. I want to listen to any Data Value Changes on a lead that might come from other CRM platforms. Our Webhook is only listening to changes, it's not responding to anything on Marketo.

Our customers usually use Salesforce + Marketo, and sometimes Salesforce updates the Job Title for instance, and I want our Webhook to be triggered for that change. The only way we can do it today is by creating one trigger for each field, which takes a lot of time. Also, why is there an option for "Updated At" on "Data Value Changes" if it doesn't work?

Thanks.

SanfordWhiteman

OK, your problem area wasn’t clear originally.

Also, why is there an option for "Updated At" on "Data Value Changes" if it doesn't work?

Regrettably, this is the case in several places in Marketo — a UI dropdown including an option doesn’t mean the platform actually supports it. That’s where direct experience comes in.

You can use Updated At in a batch campaign, which in turn requests a trigger campaign, and the trigger runs Call Webhook. Yes, it will not be instantaneous. But again consider the possible volume if every single update triggered a smart campaign, and the SC was set to “every time” in setup. The usage would be catastrophic on every sync or bulk import.