Question on Upcoming Changes to Design Studio URLs

Crystal_Pacheco
Level 4

Question on Upcoming Changes to Design Studio URLs

Based on the article Upcoming Changes to Design Studio URLs  presented to the Marketo Community last week, I would like to get some clarification.

"Existing URLs and references will continue to work after the migration to the new URL structure. However, in 2022, we will deprecate the old URLs structure in use today. More details on our deprecation timeline will be provided in March 2021."
"Begin an audit of where you reference Design Studio assets on the web. This will help you begin a plan to update any existing references to our older URL structure before we begin deprecation in 2022. Generally this will be on non-Marketo pages, as our Landing Page editor will automatically format embedded images and forms in a compatible manner.

• Only references hardcoded to the old URL structure need to be updated, e.g.  http://na-sj01.marketo.com/rs/123-ABC-456/images/cuteKitten.png. Relative references will continue to work without need changes e.g.  /rs/123-ABC-456/images/cuteKitten.png. Please work with your web developer to determine where you may need to make updates."

My question would relate to a scenario like this:
If I don't have a CNAME and I’ve already built emails and landing pages containing images from design studio. Once Marketo would update my Marketo instance to have a CNAME that would then change my design studio images file paths, would that leave my existing landing pages/emails with broken images? Since the image path will no longer match? 
I don't see how Marketo could "automatically format embedded images and forms in a compatible manner".

@Steven_Vanderb3 would you able to answer this since you've written the article.

1 REPLY 1
Crystal_Pacheco
Level 4

Re: Question on Upcoming Changes to Design Studio URLs

If I don't have a CNAME and I’ve already built emails and landing pages containing images from design studio. Once Marketo would update my Marketo instance to have a CNAME that would then change my design studio images file paths, would that leave my existing landing pages/emails with broken images? Since the image path will no longer match? 
I don't see how Marketo could "automatically format embedded images and forms in a compatible manner".

@Steven_Vanderb3 would you able to answer this since you've written the article.