Re: Question on connecting Salesforce to Marketo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Question on connecting Salesforce to Marketo

Despite valiant efforts – opening cases – phone calls, etc.,
I have been unable to get anyone from Marketo on the phone to answer a few
questions on integration with Salesforce.
I am at the point of reconsidering my association with Marketo.  One last effort here…

I am looking at connecting Marketo to Salesforce.  Based upon the sketchy information on the
links that they provide, it appears that there is the potential of data
flooding in and compromising my current Salesforce structure.  Are there ‘best practice’ ways to contain
this information by segregating information before giving to permission to add
to my Account date fields?

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Brian,

There seem to be two questions:

1) "it appears that there is the potential of data

flooding in and compromising my current Salesforce structure." From my experience, you can control what fields sync between Marketo and Salesforce through the page layouts for the Marketo Sync user. Marketo should have read write access to to fields on campaign, leads and contact. but it will only have read access to other objects the administrator allows. You can get a marketo sandbox to test out this in a dev org from Salesforce or a salesforce sandbox. On the fields that are allowed to sync between the two systems, the information syncs as sysmod dates are changed from either side.

2) "Are there ‘best practice’ ways to contain

this information by segregating information before giving to permission to add

to my Account date fields?" Can you clarify what you mean here? I think you mean can you not allow marketo to see everything in salesforce? yes, just limit the profile for the marketo sync user and limit field level security and on page layouts.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

There is quite a bit of information on the SFDC sync in addition to  Lindsey's suggestions: