Re: Question: Integration with SFDC Professional vs. Enterprise

Marisa_Rybar
Level 4

Question: Integration with SFDC Professional vs. Enterprise

We recently upgraded our SFDC from a Professional edition to the Enterprise edition. We know there are a couple of things we are capable of doing with Enterprise that we were not able to do with Professional, so I'm wondering if anyone has documentation, tips, notes, etc. on what the primary differences will be in regards to our Marketo integration? I'm looking to understand the full capabilities now that we have an upgraded SFDC version in comparison with what we were able to do before.

Thanks everyone!

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Question: Integration with SFDC Enterprise vs. Unlimited

HI Marisa,

If you have moved to unlimited to enterprise, this is a downgrade, not an upgrade. And there is nothing you could do with the enterprise that you could not do with the unlimited (unlimited is a superset of enterprise).

If you have upgraded, it more likely you have moved from enterprise to unlimited.

With regards to Marketo, the most important change is that SFDC limitation with regards to daily API quota in unlimited is much higher than in enterprise. If you were in a shortage due to high volume of daily lead update, that may help. But roughly, that is all that will change with regards.

See Editions & Pricing - Sales Cloud - Salesforce.com

-Greg

Marisa_Rybar
Level 4

Oh geez, good catch. Sorry, it's been a few months since we switched. I'm updating the title of this question now. We moved from Professional to Enterprise, not Unlimited to Enterprise.

Thanks, Greg!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

OK, then the differences are many.

Amongst the top of my mind:

1. You no longer need to display all fields in screen layouts, you can hide some field that would be used for Marketo only. In PE, removing a field from al layouts was in fact removing access to that field for all users
  2. You will also benefit from advanced right management and custom profiles that you may use to better control access to MSI
  3. You can now create triggers, flows, approval processes and process builders, and therefore, you may consider creating some more advanced automation, and wizards than what you could do with just workflows. These features would allow you to streamline and strengthen you processes.

-Greg

Marisa_Rybar
Level 4

Thanks, Greg!

To clarify, are you saying these are differences in the Salesforce capabilities? (I'm thinking yes because one of the big reasons we moved was for the automated workflows.) If that's the case, I'm wondering how these changes affect my Marketo integration and capabilities. Is there any additional functionality within what I can do with Marketo as it relates to this integration with an updated SFDC version?

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Marisa_Rybar
Level 4

Thanks, Josh. I already updated the integration quite a while ago, so that article isn't quite what I'm looking for. I'm wanting to learn about what may be possible in Marketo as a result of our SFDC edition upgrade. Do you know of anything?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Marisa,

There are many differences. The 3 I listed above may enable you to review some of your settings and streamline your processes.

-Greg

Marisa_Rybar
Level 4

Thanks, Greg!

The first bullet point you mentioned will be very useful for me in having the ability to hide fields that I only need for Marketo. The third point about the automated triggers, flows, etc. sounds really interesting too. Do you know where I might find documentation/training on how to leverage these capabilities?

I would like to ask further about your second point as I don't understand what you mean when you say, "You will also benefit from advanced right management and custom profiles that you may use to better control access to MSI." Would you mind explaining a little further? I don't know what this is.

Thank you!

-Marisa

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Marisa,

on workflows and the like, Salesforce documentation is the place to start with.

On my point #2, access to Marketo Sales Insight is controlled by page layouts and profiles. With and enterprise version, you will more flexibility to define one page layout with MSI and one page layout without MSI for each object that may support MSI (Lead, contact, account and opportunity) and also have distinct profiles for user who may access MSI (and this profile will have access to layouts with MSI) and users who do not. Therefore, you may not need an MSI license for each of your SFDC Users if they do not need it.

-Greg