SOLVED

Question about the "wait" step within campaign flow

Go to solution
Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

Question about the "wait" step within campaign flow

Hi,

One of my colleagues had a wait step AFTER she scheduled first blast but the 2nd email never went out. Is it because she should have added "wait" BEFORE the campaign was first launched?

0EM50000000QdGt.jpg

Cécile @ Talend
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Question about the "wait" step within campaign flow

Cecile,

Can you show us the full flow?

I'm not sure what you mean, did she add the 3-Wait Step after she scheduled the campaign?

Or is it that it waited until July 4 @ 1am and then nothing happened? Does the summary say if anyone is still in the flow?

I'm wondering if the lack of email action on Choice 1 is an issue. Usually I would say If Not Clicked Link In Email then Send Email X, or do nothing.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Cecile,

Can you show us the full flow?

I'm not sure what you mean, did she add the 3-Wait Step after she scheduled the campaign?

Or is it that it waited until July 4 @ 1am and then nothing happened? Does the summary say if anyone is still in the flow?

I'm wondering if the lack of email action on Choice 1 is an issue. Usually I would say If Not Clicked Link In Email then Send Email X, or do nothing.

Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

0EM50000000QdH3.jpg

Michelle_Tizian
Level 10

Hi Cecile,

My colleague did a little something similar to yours, and luckily it was a test version, but I did get an email notification that there's something wrong with the campaign.  It might be that there's a missing choice in #1, just like Josh mentioned.  Or maybe it's because choice #1 says clicked link on email, but the email might not go out if no one has clicked on the email link yet?  
Anonymous
Not applicable

Cécile, Michelle has a great point.  Did any of the leads click the link in the first email?  Were you able to tell if any of the leads entered the wait step from the smart campaign's Status tab?

0EM50000000QdNF.jpg
Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

Hi Elliott,

Yes there were clickers. It's because we had so many clickers and downloaders that my colleague decided to re-launch campaign. So normally there should have been clickers and non clickers. In the meantime my colleague has created a new campaign for the re-launch and delete the wait step so there is no way for me to check the tab you mentioned. But now I know that it exists!