Re: Push data to second SFDC instance

Kevin_Bonder
Level 1

Push data to second SFDC instance

Hey Community, 

Do you have any suggestions for pushing data to a secondary SFDC instance? I am fully aware that Marketo natively allows only one SFDC connection. Does anyone have any experience in either: 

1. Pushing data via webhook flow action from a singular Marketo instance to a secondary, non-native SFDC instance
  2. Data is being grouped and pushed into one of two Marketo instances. 

I am working to find the best solution for how to work the most efficiently with 2 SFDC instances under what can be considered the same business unit. 

Thanks,

Kevin

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Push data to second SFDC instance

You need to flesh out the requirements here.

If it’s truly just “pushing” all inserts/updates from Marketo to SFDC, looking up a single Lead/Contact by email, you can certainly do this via a webhook-compatible service... up to a point. That point is when there are hundreds of thousands of intraday updates. If you need each update to be synced in real-time and have high volume, webhooks can’t keep up. But if there are, say, under 100,000 updates/day, that’ll work.*

If you actually mean reconciling updates on both sides, not just “pushing”, this clearly can’t be triggered from within Marketo because Marketo won’t know there were updates. You’ll need a (quite robust) integration tier for this, and it’s not at all simple to build. The power of the Marketo ↔︎ SFDC connector is of course that all the hard stuff has already been implemented! In my experience, anyone who tries to match the native connector‘s feature set fails miserably; they may be able to match a few business-specific needs, but the overall ecosystem is simultaneously simpler and more fragile.

* SSFS can assist with high volume (while still being push-only) but is much more complex to set up.