SOLVED

Push API To Create Lead

Go to solution
touseefwasil
Level 1

Push API To Create Lead

Hi All,

I am new to API's. I am looking for complete syntax of API to create single or multiple leads in Marketo Database.

Note: Sending calls via browser only for now so please provide syntax accordingly.

Regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Push API To Create Lead

What is your question?

The Push Lead endpoint is well-documented.

It cannot be called from a web page because of CORS restrictions. If you have a demo page to the contrary, please provide a link to such a page.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman

You cannot use the browser to call the REST API. So please start with a proper development environment.

Also, it’s best to explain exactly what you’re trying to achieve, describing your fuller environment, rather than leaping to a specific API endpoint. Otherwise we may have an XY Problem.

Touseef
Level 2

Thankyou for replying.

As of now I dont have proper development environment. But I used below URL to access lead from Marketo Database and its working.

<Rest URL>/v1/lead/LeadID.json?access_token=<access_token>

Same way I request url syntax to create lead in Marketo instance database.

Touseef
SanfordWhiteman

What is your question?

The Push Lead endpoint is well-documented.

It cannot be called from a web page because of CORS restrictions. If you have a demo page to the contrary, please provide a link to such a page.
Touseef
Level 2

I guess that's why not able to access as I am trying to call via browser. Will try again after setting up environment. Thankyou

Touseef
SanfordWhiteman

Yes. But it would still be good if you'd explain exactly what you're trying to accomplish in business terms.

It seems weird to be building your first API-consuming app without explaining what it's supposed to do – and, among many other concerns, considering where it's going to be hosted.