SOLVED

Pulling in Custom Object Fields from SFDC

Go to solution
Troy_Larson
Level 3

Pulling in Custom Object Fields from SFDC

Hi there Marketo World, 

I was curious if it was possible pull in fields from an SFDC external object or if I have to recreate my own. I know there's documentation on how to create fields for custom objects in Marketo but am I curious if that's the only way to add new fields to a custom object. 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Pulling in Custom Object Fields from SFDC

You can use Marketo-SFDC custom object sync to be able to use the SFDC custom object in Marketo. To use a custom object, it must be associated to a lead, contact, or account object. Additionally, only custom objects that are linked to standard entities one or two levels deep are supported. Check out the SFDC custom object sync documentation here.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Darshil_Shah1

You can use Marketo-SFDC custom object sync to be able to use the SFDC custom object in Marketo. To use a custom object, it must be associated to a lead, contact, or account object. Additionally, only custom objects that are linked to standard entities one or two levels deep are supported. Check out the SFDC custom object sync documentation here.

Troy_Larson
Level 3

@Darshil_Shah1 - Thanks for the response. Have a follow up question for you. So, I was looking through the documentation and I'm wondering why I'm not seeing certain parts of my custom object. 

As you can see here, it's syncing and if you look there are these "Num" fields that look to be syncing: 

Troy_Larson_0-1686589541650.png

However, when I look up a record I don't see these "Num" fields on the custom object:

Troy_Larson_2-1686589684863.png

I was curious why you think that may be the case. Would appreciate any ideas you have on the subject. 

Thanks!

Darshil_Shah1

I think that's okay as Marketo Custom Objects will show up in the Person Profile page under the "Custom Objects" section, but the synced SFDC Custom Objects won't. You can see who has certain custom objects by using the custom object smart list filters. And if you want to see the exact content of that custom object, then you can use a velocity email script token and preview an email that holds that token.

Troy_Larson
Level 3

Hi @Darshil_Shah1 - 

Sorry to continue to bang on about this, but I am still not sure I totally follow. I just looked up a value that is part of that custom object in the smart list filters and I don't see it. 

Troy_Larson_0-1686854686969.png

Troy_Larson_1-1686854731617.png

Darshil_Shah1

Custom object fields aren't available as the direct filter like other custom/standard fields on the Person object in Marketo. They are rather available as constraints of the Has <custom object name> filter. If your custom object's name is External Order, search for a filter "Has External Order", and add the NumHSM as a constraint in it. Additionally, you can select the fields that are available as Trigger and Constraints in the Edit Visible Fields option in the custom object (see the below snapshot). Make sure that the fields that you want to use in the Has <custom object namefilter's constraint are check-marked in the Edit Visible Fields > Constraint column.

Darshil_Shah1_0-1686855639683.png