Re: Project Management Tools

Anonymous
Not applicable

Project Management Tools

Hi, does anyone have any good recommendations for project management tools.

We have tested out a few options (project place, wrike, trello, basecamp).

Ideally all of these have the functionality all together for the perfect tool, but not one seems to have it ALL!

Basic requirements:

- Provides an overall project overview
- Provides an individual task manager (where you can assign tasks to one/two persons)
- Provides a way of communication on specific task
- Provides a calendar overview

Any recommendations welcome...
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like Basecamp. It depends on how sophisticated a tool you want (Microsoft Project is the most comlex).
In addition to the ones you suggested, take a look at Asana. Putting cost aside.
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Amanda, I don't think it's an out of the box feature, but our Salesforce Admins have built a pretty robust tool for project management. We were previously using Basecamp, but we've switched over to just our SFDC Projects tool.

We have project detail sections with the overview, individual task manager with all open activities and who they're assigned to, as well as all completed activities, and Chatter and notes/attachments for communication. I believe there's also functionality baked into the calendar for an overall project overview, but I haven't used it much.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been getting everybody on our team on-board/leading hte charge with using Asana here - so I think it's certainly worth a look as well. 

I liked it better then Basecamp