SOLVED

Progressive Profiling - Required fields and Hide fields on non-Marketo LPs

Go to solution
Maha89
Level 2

Progressive Profiling - Required fields and Hide fields on non-Marketo LPs

Hello,  

We use Marketo forms and WordPress Landing pages and I have 2 questions: 
- How can I use Required fields in Progressive Profiling and is it possible? I was reading that there is some code that we could possibly use and that should work.
- How can I hide all the fields that were previously filled up by known leads and show just the PP fields, for example, just 2 at the time.  

Thank you

Here to learn
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Progressive Profiling - Required fields and Hide fields on non-Marketo LPs

@Maha89 wrote:

Thank you for your reply Darhil, 

- I have 5 required fields in the form now, and I want to add a Required extra field in Progpro while keeping the number of fields at 5 all the time, that's why I want to hide that 6th field in case the visitor previously filled it out, does this make sense? Is this even possible?  so basically gathering extra required info while keeping the form short (5 fields)

That's the basic use-case of ProgPro feature, showing user fields that they haven't filled at the same time keeping the form length short (under-control, not exceeding a set # of fields)! Also, a known visitor is not shown the ProgPro fields that they've already filled on the form. You can add the new field in the ProgPro, and set the "Number of Blank Fields" appropriately so that at a time only 5 fields are shown to the visitor. If you have x non-progpro fields (i.e., fields added of outside the ProgPro section), then you need to set the "Number of Blank fields" properties in the progpro section to 5-x. This would ensure that total number of fields including non-progpro fields don't exceed 5 fields at any time. You can make the progpro fields required, as I said earlier they won't prevent any form submissions if they aren't shown on to visitor on the page in the first place.

- Can you please share the script that could help make non-required fields required in Progpro if you have it? I will need it because I want to use required fields in the Progpro and prevent the visitor from submitting the form unless they provide that info?  

You can refer Sandy's codepen for the script, you may need to make few adjustments, but should be enough to give you an idea on how to make optional fields required using JS. Also, as I said earlier, you can make progpro fields required from the form editor itself (that'd be much simpler!)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1

@Maha89 wrote:

Hello,  

We use Marketo forms and WordPress Landing pages and I have 2 questions: 
- How can I use Required fields in Progressive Profiling and is it possible? I was reading that there is some code that we could possibly use and that should work.

You can normally select the required field option for the fields you add in the Progpro in the form editor, required fields that are not shown to the visitor on form would not prevent form submissions, if that's what you're worried about. There's a script that can help make a non-required field required, but you may not need that - if I 'm understanding your use case correctly.

- How can I hide all the fields that were previously filled up by known leads and show just the PP fields, for example, just 2 at the time.  

Thank you

You can add the fields you would want to hide in the Progpro section and set the # of ProgrPro fields you would like to display each time in the progpro "Properties", just keep the fields that you want to show each time to the visitor outside of the ProgPro section  - like Email Address. The fields shall appear in the same order as you set in the ProgPro section in the form editor, FYR.

Maha89
Level 2

- I have 5 required fields in the form now, and I want to add a Required extra field in Progpro while keeping the number of fields at 5 all the time, that's why I want to hide that 6th field in case the visitor previously filled it out, does this make sense? Is this even possible?  so basically gathering extra required info while keeping the form short (5 fields)

- Can you please share the script that could help make non-required fields required in Progpro if you have it? I will need it because I want to use required fields in the Progpro and prevent the visitor from submitting the form unless they provide that info?  

Here to learn
Darshil_Shah1

@Maha89 wrote:

That's the basic use-case of ProgPro feature, showing user fields that they haven't filled at the same time keeping the form length short (under-control, not exceeding a set # of fields)! Also, a known visitor is not shown the ProgPro fields that they've already filled on the form. You can add the new field in the ProgPro, and set the "Number of Blank Fields" appropriately so that at a time only 5 fields are shown to the visitor. If you have x non-progpro fields (i.e., fields added of outside the ProgPro section), then you need to set the "Number of Blank fields" properties in the progpro section to 5-x. This would ensure that total number of fields including non-progpro fields don't exceed 5 fields at any time. You can make the progpro fields required, as I said earlier they won't prevent any form submissions if they aren't shown on to visitor on the page in the first place.

You can refer Sandy's codepen for the script, you may need to make few adjustments, but should be enough to give you an idea on how to make optional fields required using JS. Also, as I said earlier, you can make progpro fields required from the form editor itself (that'd be much simpler!)