SOLVED

Re: Progressive Profiling Erratic Behavior

Go to solution
Aubrey_Morgan
Level 3

Progressive Profiling Erratic Behavior

We noticed last week that it looks like progressive profiling isn't working for Windows 8 or Mobile (both iPhone and Android) on our website. We don't know exactly when this behavior started, but we think it aligns with our recent website redesign where we launched quite a few CSS changes the week prior.

I've flagged to our web team and we're all at a loss. We're not sure how or why any CSS changes would affect the functionality of our progressive profiling.

Has anyone else had issues? Are there recommendations on ways to troubleshoot or test in different clients/browsers as it requires multiple form submissions?

Thanks in advance!

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

It was a regression that was causing issues for a day or so last week. You shouldn't see this on any operating system now. If you do, let me know.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Aubrey,

Please provide some URL's where you observe this.

-Greg

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

There was a bug with progressive profiling for a few days last week that has since been fixed. Can you confirm that you are still experiencing issues?

Aubrey_Morgan
Level 3

I just checked on my iphone and it appears to be working now - I'll have my team check other devices tomorrow. What operating systems were affected?

Aubrey_Morgan
Level 3

I just checked on my iphone and it appears to be working now - I'll have my team check other devices tomorrow. What operating systems were affected?

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

It was a regression that was causing issues for a day or so last week. You shouldn't see this on any operating system now. If you do, let me know.

Aubrey_Morgan
Level 3

Thanks. For future reference, how do you recommend we troubleshoot this?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The best thing is to post specific example URLs here if you think there's a problem and explain the steps necessary to reproduce. That's how I was able to identify the regression.

Aubrey_Morgan
Level 3

I'd be happy to but I don't want a bunch of Marketo users getting called up by our sales team Was looking more for a process to troubleshoot internally.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

But there's no way to get help from outside (including from Marketo support) if every fillout goes to sales! You should have a test company and/or domain that is always excluded.

I don't know if I understand the problem, though.  What process do you need other than, well, setting up test leads in Incognito windows and seeing if ProgPro works as your form setup intends?  Beyond that you need to be (or have) a developer. This was a code bug, and I was able to find it 'cause that's what I do... I wouldn't expect most people to know why it was happening, but you could prove that it was happening pretty quickly, right?