Program Stage Analysis by Lead Source

Anonymous
Not applicable

Program Stage Analysis by Lead Source

Im trying to see how fast leads move through the program stages based on a Salesforce field (lead source is one, download date is another). The programs are not Marketo programs since leads enter Salesforce then go to Marketo. Is there a way to see how long they sit as MQL before moving to SAL? Building some nurture framework and I need this data to control message flow. Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
Edward_Masson
Level 10

Re: Program Stage Analysis by Lead Source

Do you have RCE?
This can be done in there but needs Marketo programs, e.g:
Member of a program is x, progression status then piviot on Lead status.

If you dont and your trying to do this in SFDC, that's harder.
Need a custom field for lead status date for all your lead status values e.g. MQL Status Date, SAL Status Date etc.
In Marketo you will have smart campaigns stamping the date when the lead entered the lead status and gets pushed to SFDC.

Then you can run report in SFDC by member of campaign is X with columns of lead status date.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do have RCE but I cannot create Marketo programs for this. I had a feeling I was going to get stuck there. Same with campaign in Salesforce. This is not a campaign. These are just downloads of our free trial on our website - not a Marketo program and not a marketing campaign. 

I was really hoping to run it off lead source field but I guess you can only run based on program membership, not actual lead source. People can be members of multiple programs so Im not sure how that helps when looking at these numbers. I would think you want the original lead source - point of entry - to track how fast those people move through based on where they came from. Do people from trial downloads move through faster than whitepapers? That would be much more smarter.

Thanks anyways. 
Edward_Masson
Level 10

how do you capture and track trial downloads currently? Are you using a web to lead form from SFDC?

What I have done with clients is create programs for all thier assets, including trial downloads. Of course I keep them seprate from Marketing programs.

This way I can monitor lead acquisition and velocity, with lead status by asset. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

So it's a form that gets sent via email (form fields dont map anywhere). Then I am using an integrator product to map the field form entries to Salesforce so that a lead is created when we get an email notifiying us of the download (hope that makes sense).

So the lead ends up in Salesforce with the Lead Source, type, etc. fields completed but there is no web form-> Salesforce flow. It's Form -> Email -> Integrator -> Salesforce
Edward_Masson
Level 10

Ok, that's new for me! would love to see it in action

If they are in SFDC then the come over to Marketo after the next sync, I would still try and group them and add to a program membership. You say you cant do that, is there a limition that prevents you from adding leads to programs in Marketo from this integrator?
Anonymous
Not applicable

The integrator doesnt 'talk' to Marketo since it's not a technology on their list. What I may be able to do though is add people with lead source = xyz to a program. Would that work maybe?
Edward_Masson
Level 10

yes that will work for your net new leads. If you block data from overwriting (as you should) to your lead source field, you will miss out on existing leads and returning contacts.

Need another identfier to group them. Is the form they come through unique? Members coming from form x, add to campaign/program would work.
Anonymous
Not applicable

The form is unique but it's not a Marketo form or a web-based form. So I cant use the 'filled out xyz form' trigger. Im going to run off another custom field since you are right about Lead Source - Ill get the new leads but not the existing ones that filled out this form. 

Thanks!
Edward_Masson
Level 10

Great!
If you can run off a hidden field, if checked equals true - then you have got your grouping.
Best of luck.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks