Date field in smart campaigns

Anonymous
Not applicable

Date field in smart campaigns

I'm trying to put together a smart campaign that automatically fills in the date of when an action is triggered (like opening an email) but only if that date is empty. So if someone opens an email, it will trigger the flow: "If opt in date is empty, opt in date is today." If I choose today, will it keep the date that I chose or will it update the date based on when the action took place? I don't want to add in a specific date, I want it to be the date that the action occured.
Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Date field in smart campaigns

Use the {{system.Date}} token for the value and block updates to that field via flow actions (Admin > Field Management > Block Field Updates). That way, it'll populate the field if it's empty but not overwrite it if it's already populated.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Rebecca,
Drew is correct.

To expand on his point, we have a few different date tokens that have different formats. If you would like more options, they are all outlined in this article: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000LB9WCAW

Will
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure the token working, in the results tab I see:   "Skipped Choice had one or more invalid tokens"

BUT the blocking updates in field management advice was great.  We've been looking for that solution for so long!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm, and you're using this token? {{system.date}}

I think it's case sensitive.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes and in the flow it's not underlined in red like it's ignoring the rule so not sure whats going on.
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's your Smart List criteria?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Opens Emai: Email = Any
OR
Fills Out Form: Form name = Any
OR
Added to SFDC Campaign: Campaign contains "Webinar"
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm, that's odd. I would just try grabbing a single test lead and running a flow action to update your desired field with the {{system.date}} timestamp and see if it works.