Program level sync w/ SFDC Campaign vs. Flow Step: Add to SFDC Campaign

Ari_Echt1
Level 5

Program level sync w/ SFDC Campaign vs. Flow Step: Add to SFDC Campaign

Normally we sync our Marketo Programs to SFDC campaigns via Program Actions > Salesforce Campaign Sync. 

Lately that's created some challenges for some new lead assignment smart campaigns we've setup, as once that program to sf campaign sync is in place, the Salesforce auto-assignment rule kicks in the second a lead is created, negating the smart campaigns. An alternative would be to deactivate the Program to SFDC campaign level sync, and just add flow step "Add to SFDC campaign" AFTER the lead routing smart campaigns have executed. 

I'm just wondering if there are any system differences between program level sync and add to campaign flow steps? Any downsides to doing it the flow step way?  

Thanks for any input. 

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Program level sync w/ SFDC Campaign vs. Flow Step: Add to SFDC Campaign

Hi Ari,

Usually it is better to let Marketo handle the automation, but there's nothing bad about disconnecting Programs and using Add to SFDC Campaign.

Usually I steer clients to using a Lead Queue system, where all leads go by default and up front. Then either letting Marketo change owner at MQL or having the LARs trigger when Lifecycle Stage=MQL, which then moves the lead to a salesperson.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Program level sync w/ SFDC Campaign vs. Flow Step: Add to SFDC Campaign

Hello Ari,

We also wait to sync our program members on the progression level, for we do not want them added to SFDC Campaigns unless they reach success.

I would recommend not using a generic SFDC Queue, but rather create a generic user. There are some issues controling SFDC queues within Marketo.

Our flow order is:

1) Change Progression
2) If SFDC Type is empty, Sync to generic user
3) Add to SFDC Campaign

and so forth

Y