Re: Program Costs Wiping Out Report Data

Anonymous
Not applicable

Program Costs Wiping Out Report Data

I have put together an Analytics report for Program Performance for all of our field marketing events. There are limitations to how much this particular report can be customized, and I wasn't able to remove the costing columns on the right side of the report - however, I thought I would include Period Costs on all programs so that costing information would show and give more value.

I've assigned period costs to each program for the month that they were active in, and when I add the filtering to the report I created, it wipes out all the data (see screenshots for before and after). I also noticed that adding the filter doesn't add extra reporting columns in the report.

Before the period cost filter is added in the set up

Screen Shot 2016-05-03 at 10.29.51 AM.png

After the period cost filter is added in the set up

Screen Shot 2016-05-03 at 10.27.55 AM.png

The Field Marketing channel tag has the Inclusive (regardless of period cost) setting active and I set the filter to be our complete financial year so as not to miss anything. Is there something I should be adding, doing or removing to have this report show information again?

Any help is always appreciated

Michelle

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you show me a copy of the filter?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure! Here is the filter specific to Period Costs:

Screen Shot 2016-05-03 at 1.20.52 PM.png

Here is the Setup on the Program Performance report:

Screen Shot 2016-05-03 at 1.21.00 PM.png

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Michelle,

Are you sure the programs have costs in Feb 2016th and beyond ?

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Greg,

Yes they do - these events have their costs in April, May and June.

If didn't want to limit the filter to just those months as we will eventually have Field Marketing events all year.

Hope that gives some more insight?

Michelle

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

The only thing I see is that no program meets the 3 criteria together:

• Selected programs
  • With costs from Feb 2016 to Jan 2017
  • in a specific channel (Field Marketing Events)

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah OK - I tested the report setup by just including single months as the filter and then the right data shows up in the report. I assume the filter, when set to go across multiple months, won't pull data because the programs themselves only have period costs set in a single month.

This is more a limitation of the Period Cost function then, as opposed to the report not working correctly, as you can only add a period cost for a single month, rather than a date range. Each element is talking at cross purposes - you can only add a single month for the period cost within a program, but you can select a range to report on within the report.

Noting that, I will set up reports on a monthly basis to show the cost data as required by the team.

Team troubleshooting is the best and I learned something new today - thank you

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

You are welcome

-Greg