SOLVED

Re: Preventing Reports from being sent if no data

Go to solution
Liz_Krause
Level 2

Preventing Reports from being sent if no data

Is there a way to prevent a report from being sent if there are no campaigns that were sent?   I am going to use an Email Performance report to send to the owners on a weekly basis for what was sent out the previous week, but if there was no campaign sent I don't want it to be emailed.   Otherwise they'll be confused as to why there is no data and I'll just be wasting their time. I want to send only useful info not blank report emails.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Liz,

I laud your efforts to keep noise to a minimum, however won't your owners be equally confused if they receive a report some week and not others?  The approach of not sending a report on some weeks leads to a risk - if the report sending gets 'broken' for some reason (a marketo issue, the emails start going to spam, a persons email address changes etc) it will be less obvious if the reports aren't received consistently.

Maybe some education as why the owners will get empty reports some times is an easy way to go?  

Cheers

Jo

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Liz,

I laud your efforts to keep noise to a minimum, however won't your owners be equally confused if they receive a report some week and not others?  The approach of not sending a report on some weeks leads to a risk - if the report sending gets 'broken' for some reason (a marketo issue, the emails start going to spam, a persons email address changes etc) it will be less obvious if the reports aren't received consistently.

Maybe some education as why the owners will get empty reports some times is an easy way to go?  

Cheers

Jo

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Great point about inconsistency.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

+1 on the point, too.

Liz_Krause
Level 2

That's a good point, I didn't think about the risk if something got broken.  

Thank you!