SOLVED

Preventing duplicates caused by misspelled email address

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Preventing duplicates caused by misspelled email address

Hi, I wonder if there is a way to prevent creation of a new duplicate record in Marketo when a person misspells the email address on the form.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Julz_James
Level 10

Re: Preventing duplicates caused by misspelled email address

I don't think there is a way that Marketo can natively do that.  However, there are some partners that might be able to help, like Email Address Verification Service – Marketo LaunchPoint

Or you could set up a smart campaign that merges leads if a certain number of fields are duplicates - like first name, last name, company name and job title?  Something that definitely shows the leads are the same person.

Hope this helps

Juli

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Julz_James
Level 10

I don't think there is a way that Marketo can natively do that.  However, there are some partners that might be able to help, like Email Address Verification Service – Marketo LaunchPoint

Or you could set up a smart campaign that merges leads if a certain number of fields are duplicates - like first name, last name, company name and job title?  Something that definitely shows the leads are the same person.

Hope this helps

Juli

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, July and Sanford! Is it possible to create a smart campaign that merges duplicate record. I am not sure that such flow step exists.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

As Juli suggests, not only can Marketo not do this natively, it's flatly impossible to detect duplicates based on email address alone. sanfordwhiteman@gmail.com isn't a "misspelling" of sanfordwhitman@gmail.com, for example. You always need other corroborating data.