Prefill some fields on a form but not all?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Prefill some fields on a form but not all?

Hi,

I have a Marketo form on a Landing page which I am sending out through a link on an email.
All fields on the form are required and the Form Prefill option is ON.
I want the form to prefill to make it easier for the user to submit but there are some fields I do not want to prefill.

Is there a way of choosing which to prefill and which to not prefill?
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Prefill some fields on a form but not all?

Combining Prefill with Progressive Profiling would be an option.

If not, keeping prefill and using a simple JavaScript to blank the relevant fileds would be a good alternative.
It is necessary to view the page source, tke the ID of each field to blank and add to the script.

In the example bellow the word script was replaced with s-c-r-i-p-t to avoid the portal interpreting as instructions

<s-c-r-i-p-t language="Javascript" src="/js/public/jquery-latest.min.js" type="text/javascript"></s-c-r-i-p-t>
<s-c-r-i-p-t type="text/javascript">
    // use no conflict mode for jQuery
  var $jQ = jQuery.noConflict();

// when the page is ready, change FirstName and newValue
  $jQ(document).ready(function() {
    $jQ('#FirstName').attr('value','');
  });
</s-c-r-i-p-t>

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Karen,

I've just done this today actually; however I have not fully tested it as yet.

I found all the information here:

http://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000KyqlCAC

Bruno - I found your response very useful, I actually thought that just turning progressive profiling on would prefill the boxes on future landing pages, is this not the case? Do I also have to turn prefill on?

Where is the prefill option located?

Thanks,

Andrew

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your help.

We found a work around. I wanted prefill on but I did not want fields like "Preferred Meeting Day" to populate from past lead entries.
So I am going to run a smart campaign before the invitations are sent out to target my list and in the flow step I am selecting "Change Data Value", I select my Attribute which is "Preferred Meeting Day" and set the new value to "NULL".

This will then clear the data that is saved in the lead record for that field and will be free for the user to fill in when the form is sent out.

Thanks,
Karen
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Andrew,

I am nearly sure Prefill is automatically turned on for all forms, it is for us anyway.

The setting is located on the landing page where you have the form placed when you are in the draft version, then select Landing Page Actions > edit form settings and a pop up box will appear showing you whether prefill is on or off.

Thanks,
Karen