Prefill data on an embedded Form 2.0 ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Prefill data on an embedded Form 2.0 ?

I might know the answer to this ("nope") , but I'm asking anyway. 

I am embedding a "2.0" form in a landing page using the Form embed code. I'm noticing that the Prefill will not work, however. So - is there anyway to use the embed code AND use the data prefill ? 

I have even moved the page back onto Marketo, but still using the embed code - still no luck. 

The reason I'm sticking to embed, btw, is that the drag/drop landing page builder wouldn't let me drop the form where I needed (it is a completely custom and responsive design).. maybe I'm doing that wrong?
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Prefill data on an embedded Form 2.0 ?

Peter,

I believe prefill is supposed to work on embed, so take a look at the instructions again, perhaps there is something you missed.

If you are using a custom page, then you may have inadvertently modified Marketo's LP Template code. If you do this, then the landing page editor won't let you do anything useful, like add a Form.

What I would do is rebuild the LP Template.

Then add your form.

Then add any custom javascript or html as a Custom HTML element in the editor itself.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh, 

I've since tried a pile of scenarios, and have come to assume that embed does not support prefill - period. 

I have gone through this tutorial which notes:

0EM50000000S0yG.jpg

But after trying the embed code (via Custom HTML element) on a Marketo LP with a completely "un customized" template.. prefill still would not work.. 

So the note above, to me, should really say Form Prefill does not work when embedding a form - at all.. right?

pete

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am having the same issue.

I am using the embed code by adding the html code as an html element inside the wiziwig.

I am using the embed code because i need to use the forms 2.0 JS to change the follow-up page and to populate a few of the fields.

If I drag a form onto the landing page it pre-populates corretly. If I put the embed code in it does not pre-populate.

What could i be doing wrong? 

-Anthony
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ha - I'm going through the same thing. I want to write a HIDDEN feild only when certain other checkbox fields are marked as TRUE, so I need the new Forms 2.0 JS API, which means I need to offer that form through a <script> tag. But then, no more prefill, which also defeats the purpose. I tried embedding it in a Marketo page, no dice. Tried embedding it directly in the HTML of a marketo template, but still no.

I can probably figure this out using Smart Campaigns, but sometimes the quick JS is just way easier and more elegant (firing a smart campaign on "fills out form" still feels like it might "miss" (I'm sure that's just me).

Currently wondering if there's a way to combine the Munchkin API "Associate Lead" function to grab data from MKTO cookie and then populate the form. But that solution (if it's possible) looks a little too much like something held together with duct tape :S
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can confirm that we are also having this issue when using the Forms2.0 JS embed code.