SOLVED

Re: Prefill a non Marketo form with a contact from Marketo's details.

Go to solution
Storm_JCHOnline
Level 1

Prefill a non Marketo form with a contact from Marketo's details.

Hello,

I have people signing up to receive news from my site via a Facebook lead form. These lead forms are put into Marketo and will trigger an email to the clients asking them to sign up to the site as a full member rather then only being signed up to receive newsletter emails.

To make this transition extra easy for the potential member, the email being triggered will have a link to our websites direct form (That is NOT a Marketo form) and I would like it to prefill in their first name, last name, email, Mobile number (If captured fro Facebook) and post code (again if captured from Facebook).

How do I create a link to the page that pre populates the form with the users saved details from Marketo?

Please note some points:

• We can not use a Marketo form due to the nature of the sign up process on the site
  • People must sign up officially to the site and be a member to view the products available on the site

Thank you in advance.

regards,

Storm

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

See Form Pre-Fill. External sites. No limits. You're welcome.  (Please remember to search the Community thoroughly first.)

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman

See Form Pre-Fill. External sites. No limits. You're welcome.  (Please remember to search the Community thoroughly first.)

Storm_JCHOnline
Level 1

Thanks Stanford, I did look but did not come across this. I think it can be a bit hard to search when you do not 100% know what to search for. I think I put in too much on the search as it kept coming up with no results or actual Marketo forms.

Is this the only way to use the dynamic text, I have to create a JS (provided by you already - thanks so much) and link like that. No cheeky url with /?source=facebook for example?

thanks again Stanford. 🙂

Storm

SanfordWhiteman

Is this the only way to use the dynamic text, I have to create a JS (provided by you already - thanks so much) and link like that. No cheeky url with /?source=facebook for example?

Not sure what you're asking... nothing needs to be added to the URL, if the email is coming from Marketo with a standard tracked link that's enough.

Storm_JCHOnline
Level 1

Sorry one more question (apologies i have read the blog but cant make out where this comes in) When I send the auto email that links to the form on my website, I dont need to do anything as the JS hosted already realises that the person is in your Marketo instance and then pre fills them in?

Thanks again Stanford.

Storm

SanfordWhiteman

I dont need to do anything as the JS hosted already realises that the person is in your Marketo instance and then pre fills them in?

Correct.