SOLVED

Preference Center Set up

Go to solution
Shubhika
Level 1

Preference Center Set up

Hello Community

I am trying to set up a preference center and we do have fields, 'unsubscribe all' and then unsubscribe 1, Unsubscribe 2 and 3 and so on. 

I am trying to look for a solution where if a person click on 'unsubscribe all', all other fields are also ticked in the preference center form. 

We are able to set up in the flow if someone click 'unsubscribe all', others are unsubscribed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Preference Center Set up

See the demo MktoForms2 :: Checkbox ↔︎ Co-dependent Checkboxes or Select - no NULL.

This shows how to build a dependency between a primary Checkbox (your “Unsubscribe All”) and a secondary Checkboxes set (your “Unsubscribe 1”, “Unsubscribe 2”, etc.). It also supports a Select-multiple for the secondary instead of Checkboxes.

In the demo, when the primary changes to yes (i.e. selected) the secondary value is set to the empty string (i.e. none of the sub-values are set).

When any of the secondary ’boxes changes to selected, the primary is set to no.

You don’t need to modify anything below /* --- NO NEED TO EDIT BELOW THIS LINE! --- */. The code will work with any 2 fields, it’s deliberately not specific to Unsubscribe-related stuff.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

There are a lot of threads around this in the Marketo community. I think adding JS to control the preference center form checkbox selection would be the best bet instead of managing it via smart campaign flows (at least for the updates via the preference center form). Here's Sandy's pen, which you can refer to for the JS. Hope this helps! Let us know if you have questions. 🙂

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

See the demo MktoForms2 :: Checkbox ↔︎ Co-dependent Checkboxes or Select - no NULL.

This shows how to build a dependency between a primary Checkbox (your “Unsubscribe All”) and a secondary Checkboxes set (your “Unsubscribe 1”, “Unsubscribe 2”, etc.). It also supports a Select-multiple for the secondary instead of Checkboxes.

In the demo, when the primary changes to yes (i.e. selected) the secondary value is set to the empty string (i.e. none of the sub-values are set).

When any of the secondary ’boxes changes to selected, the primary is set to no.

You don’t need to modify anything below /* --- NO NEED TO EDIT BELOW THIS LINE! --- */. The code will work with any 2 fields, it’s deliberately not specific to Unsubscribe-related stuff.