SOLVED

Re: Pre - Renewal Reminders Logic

Go to solution
Demeter
Level 2

Pre - Renewal Reminders Logic

Hoping for some guidance in this scenario 😁 I inherited my instance so be easy on me 😂

One of the programs I'm trying to create is an Automated Renewal Reminder program that sends a reminder email 5,4,3,2 months prior to "+1 year" of the renewal date on record.

(SF & Marketo are synced)

The renewal date is stored in a field in the "Account" object in Salesforce.  The persons email address lives in the "Lead" object. Since the renewal date itself resides on the "Account" object in Salesforce (which is the company data), there is no direct correlation between an "Account" and a "Lead" that I can find and it's not quite clear how I should approach this.

Example:

If SFDC Type = Lead AND

If Renewal Date = 1/1/2024 (from the Account record object)

-----add 1 year (making it 1/1/2025) then subtract 5 months AND

Send email "X" to "Lead email address"

.....and so on for the other months also. 

Wondering if @SanfordWhiteman or any others can provide guidance on this. TIA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Set a new Date field Next Renewal Date to {{lead.Last Renewal Date}} + 1 year.

In a daily recurring Smart Campaign, use a combination of In Future <N> Months and In Future After <N-1> Months constraints to target people who are exactly N months out from Next Renewal Date. Make sure they can only qualify for the SC once per month.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Set a new Date field Next Renewal Date to {{lead.Last Renewal Date}} + 1 year.

In a daily recurring Smart Campaign, use a combination of In Future <N> Months and In Future After <N-1> Months constraints to target people who are exactly N months out from Next Renewal Date. Make sure they can only qualify for the SC once per month.