SOLVED

Re: Postpone new record sync from SFDC to Marketo

Go to solution
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Postpone new record sync from SFDC to Marketo

This is a similar question to Sync from SFDC but I just wanted to confirm that I'm not misinterpreting Josh Hill answer there...

We have an agreement within our organization that all records are in both SFDC and Marketo but we don't want to sync newly created records from SFDC until they've finished running through x,y, and z workflows. It's not a frequent occurrence, but if a record is created at the same time as the Marketo sync, it's possible that it's synced to Marketo while SFDC processes are still running and when Marketo syncs back it has different information than the SFDC record -- and overwrites with older/incorrect info that SFDC was in the process of updating.

Is it possible to say that a newly created record shouldn't sync from SFDC to Marketo until a specific checkbox is marked, or something similar? I can think of some workarounds on the Marketo side, but given how many potential triggers we already have set up, it isn't the ideal solution by a long shot.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes, Dory Viscogliosi you can totally do that. Your lead sync process would have to flip that to TRUE when you are ready to sync, but before the Sync Lead to SFDC. You may even want to setup your Marketo User to only see leads with that OK to Sync=TRUE.

The issue will be if you synced Programs to SFDC Campaigns, because that might push over the lead before your processes finish. But with the above fix, that wouldn't happen until your system approved the lead.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes, Dory Viscogliosi you can totally do that. Your lead sync process would have to flip that to TRUE when you are ready to sync, but before the Sync Lead to SFDC. You may even want to setup your Marketo User to only see leads with that OK to Sync=TRUE.

The issue will be if you synced Programs to SFDC Campaigns, because that might push over the lead before your processes finish. But with the above fix, that wouldn't happen until your system approved the lead.